After an eventful morning, I'm pretty tired! And red. But here are some pictures, for your viewing pleasure. Including: pretty flowers, snow on the mountain, bffs, dirty feet, dragonfly, and more!
6.28.2008
hike hike hike
I went on a 12 mile hike today. We left at 6:00 am and started hiking around 6:30. There were six of us in the group and we got to this point in the trail and decided to go up the mountain, instead of following the trail. We just kept climbing. Then, my friend's sister's friend, Heather, and I decided not to go that way anyway. So, we returned back to the where the trail was and hiked towards the peak for about another half hour. Well, we decided that since we had been gone 3 hours, we should turn back because we had all been planning on turning around at 10, and we really had to use the bathroom! We started hiking down, which took us a lot longer than expected! We returned to the parking lot two hours later, at 11:30 am. Well, we called to see where the rest of the group was. They had decided to just hike to the top (we had been about 3 miles away when we turned back). Which meant that we were in the parking lot for two hours. Haha. Man, sometimes it's crazy how slow time goes! We sat on the car for an hour (yes ON. We didn't have the keys), and then walked around a bit. Then we went up a different trail for 10 minutes (where i spotted the dragonfly and took pics), and returned back to the lot. We tried finding shade because the afternoon sun was quickly approaching. I ended up getting a little burnt, but then we could see the remaining posse members coming down the mountain on the switchbacks. They looked so little up there!
After an eventful morning, I'm pretty tired! And red. But here are some pictures, for your viewing pleasure. Including: pretty flowers, snow on the mountain, bffs, dirty feet, dragonfly, and more!








After an eventful morning, I'm pretty tired! And red. But here are some pictures, for your viewing pleasure. Including: pretty flowers, snow on the mountain, bffs, dirty feet, dragonfly, and more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh lanta. A 12 mile hike??? I wish I could do that. I went on a 3 mile hike for girls camp yesterday and it practically killed me! Not really but I can't imagine 12 miles! And I think it would be so amazing and awesome if you tried out for American Idol. I've never heard you sing, but I bet you're amazing!
love the pics!
I call bah humbug on hikes. I was in pain for days. After a few weeks of cross country, you're going to be running up that trail! Shoot man. That's my new goal in life...to be able to run up to Ben Lomond and back!
too bad I hate running.
Post a Comment