6.16.2008

cheri the librarian



today i began my volunteer work at the library. For two hours a day, twice a week, I will be organizing books on the lovely stuffed-to-the-max carts, and then shelving those books. I worked in the library all through junior high (even got the nickname the "library girl")so I knew the process fairly well.

Here are some accounts from my day:

*kids and parents sorting through the carts I have just gotten ready to shelve!
*funny conversations between children and their parents. "You will read this chapter book this summer!" "But mom, there are no pictures in it!!"
*a lady comes and asks me if I work there. "Uh, sure.." The conversation continued, "Well, you have a dead fish floating at the top of your aquarium." "Hmm..that's not good."

I'm pretty sure I didn't look like I worked there, maybe I should wear this next time?

5 comments:

Chrisanne Serafin said...

Haha, you volunteer there??? I love libraries, but I probably would just mess up the whole system if I even tried to organize. And I was wondering what Stolen Innocence is about. It seems really interesting...

Brittany said...

I really think you should wear that on Wednesday! you should pull your hair back in a tight bun too!!! :)

Cheri said...

well, the only thing is..I walk there ! Haha i'm not walking there in that get-up, but it's a fun idea.

Shanna said...

If you really want to wear that, I will give you a ride!!!!

Cheri said...

that's tempting shanna! But...I'm not brave enough to wear it yet! Haha. Not that I'm looking to impress anyone. But, I was hot in the children's section and I was in capris and short-sleeve. I can't imagine being in an itchy cardigan and my choir shoes!