11.25.2011

Embracing Style


Do you have a "style"? Here's a confession ... sometimes, I want to branch out and try things — like mixing patterns by wearing a floral skirt and a striped cardigan (ok, I've finally done that), wearing red lipstick in public instead of when I'm just cleaning my room or going to a themed party, owning a pair of "big glasses" (like these) that have prescription lenses instead of fake ones that were passed out from the accounting firm at the job fair, etc.

So what is stopping me? 

Fear. That's silly, huh? There have even been times that I've put on an outfit but have changed because it is too "out-of-the-norm"or it breaks some fashion rules. Or I wouldn't want to try things because I liked boys who didn't quite enjoy my fashion dreams...haha, that's the most lame reason of all! Yet I always admire people who really embrace their own style and take fashion risks.

New goal? Just take the risks. Sometimes it'll turn out great; other times I'll look back & think..."Well, that was a miss."

A whole post about fashion huh? Well, anyway, just a few ramblings from my mind tonight. Hopefully I can start finding my own style ;)

2 comments:

jen said...

finding a style takes time and is constantly evolving. i have the same problems and admire those that seem to have "a look". but i think you should definitely wear chunky glasses and red lipstick if you like them!

Bailey said...

i admire your style, cheri... yes i'll even admit i'm envious of it. keep being bold!