12.06.2011

Riding Horses.

This semester, I took the best class ever.  It was AGSC 1700, also known as "Horsemanship 1". We learned all the parts of the bridle, saddle, and parts of the horse. We learned how to "catch" our horses each week, how to clean the feet, "be in charge" of the horse, walk, sit correctly, lead the horse, trot, lope, go up/down hill...etc. And we had a LOT of fun. Now that there is snow on the ground, I learned to bundle up! We had pretty great weather (only 2 days of riding in the snow). For this last class, I had a few layers on and my toes were still numb by the end of class! Anyway, just thought I'd document it and show you....here goes:
 Cleaning the feet. This quite intimidated me at the beginning, especially when I'd get a stubborn horse. But, by today, it wasn't too big of a deal.
 I cut the horse's head out of the picture...woops!
 Gone riding.
 My friend Kjersti and I ended up in the same class! What a great coincedence. Here we are at the end of class, as the sun was setting.
Goodbye, lovely horses! Perhaps I'll see you in Horsemanship 2?

2 comments:

Jenessa said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish they had classes like this at George Wythe... :P

Aaron said...

What a fun class; I'm so jealous. Also, you're looking very cute in those pics.