10.31.2011

pumpkins through the years.

In honor of Halloween, I thought I'd post some pictures of this October holiday with my pumpkins in past years. I describe my pumpkin-carving ability as that of a second grader. You'll see why. 

 2006: Check out that outfit. The rockin' glitter-studded pants, pink fuzzy slippers, AND the crimped hair. 
 2007: I remember this year. My friend and I dressed up as zombies and effectively scared little children (I might have even chased one down the street after he trick-or-treated at her house). My pumpkin was...a little off that year. The nose and eyes are about all the same size. 
2008: Apparently I didn't carve anything fantastic this year. All I could find was this picture of my feet with the pumpkin I had just picked from the patch. That was a fun time. I recommend it.    
   2009: My skills were really lacking this year. I don't really know what that was all about. Sometimes, I just lack the desire to carve something awesome. Apparently, that happens more often than not :)
 2010: Pumpkin carving date. Look how cute that little pumpkin is! 
2010: Pumpkin carved at FHE with the same guy pictured above. I think is my pride-and-joy pumpkin. Yeah, it's a little ... creepy, what with the hanging man and all (and please notice the owl perched on the tree branch!) but we came up with that idea ourselves. I was just happy it wasn't just a crazy face like I do every other year. And, we won the Best Pumpkin award that night. 

2011: Oh, that's right. I haven't carved a pumpkin yet this year! Maybe I'll do that tonight. I've carved a pumpkin for as long as I can remember (or at least the last 5 documented years). 

So, do you carve pumpkins? What are your favorite holiday traditions? 

Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I love carving pumpkins! If you haven't done it by this weekend, then you and I are going to have to carve one together. Or one each, so I can see your skills first-hand ;)

kelly anne said...

that last one makes me think you need therapy.

jen said...

Cheri - the whole point is to make the Jack-o-Latern crazy looking. It doesn't matter if the eyes and nose are the same size or on completely on wrong sides of the pumpkin! I think they all look great. And for the record, I thought the last one was a possum in a tree. :)