This week, I made a wonderful fall treat -- apple crisp! My mom would make this growing up, but I never realized that it is a bit time consuming to peel and cut 12 apples (unless you have the nifty machinemy mom owns). BUT, it was well worth it! I decided to take a few photos so I'll let the pictures do the talking...
Step 1: Cut up all the apples into slices and remove skin. I used a variety of apples and it tasted great! Add 3/4 C. sugar and 3/4 tsp cinnamon (or to your liking).Step 2: Spread mixture in buttered pan.
Step 3: Smile for photo, showing off your domestic cooking skills (and the granny necklace you received for free in a clothing swap...)
Step 4: Make delicious topping (3/4 C. brown sugar, 3/4 C. flour, 1/2 C. margine, 1/2 C. oats) and spread over the apple mixture. I love the topping, so next time I would make a little more than this just so it covered the dish entirely.
Step 5: Bake for 45-50 minutes at 375 (until apples are tender).
Step 6: Top with vanilla icecream (or cool whip...or eat it plain) and ENJOY. Don't eat the whole pan!



1 comment:
Two tips: go to WalMart and get one of those apple peeler/corer/slicer things. They are around $20 but are awesome! Makes apple crisp a breeze. Second tip: always double the amount of topping! :)
Post a Comment