Once upon a time, my sister Jen came to visit. I have a lot of photos from a family party we had, and I shall display those in another post. But, first. Sunday night, Jen came up to mom's house & we took a splendid walk down memory lane. And then we even convinced mom to let us go through her hope chest, where Jen and I once again discovered our similar tastes ... for all things vintage!
We played the 1980s Go For It! I was quite pleased with the Tudor Estate, jeep wrangler, hot tub & pool, horse stable, and African Safari :)Check out that beautiful apron. Sigh.
Um. Awesome 1970s quilt handmade by my mama? Yes.
Yep, I was rockin my mom's 1980s tshirt. I tried to steal it, but she caught on to my scheming ways.
Then we found her wedding dress. It somehow fit.
My mom stitched these pillowcases. Mushrooms! So 70s.
And a vintage apron my mom used as a little girl in the late 50s/early 60s. Awesome.
There you have it ... a few vintage finds from my own mother's hope chest. It was a fun night indeed :)


1 comment:
just remember that i have dibs on pretty much everything. being the oldest girl is finally paying off! ha ha.
you should also totally wear mom's wedding dress when you get married. have it modified, of course - but it fits you perfectly!
Post a Comment