well, do you ever have times when you just feel like nothing is going right? then, one day, things start falling into place?
that is what has been happening to me lately (with housing, graduation, summer plans). yet, I still feel like there are so many holes and spaces that I want/need to figure out. (that's when I am reminded of patience)
sometimes, though, we just aren't ready. and no matter how much we think we want something, or how much we want to believe something is right, that's not always the case. maybe it's the wrong time or we haven't learned our lessons yet.
i'm not sure of the answer (even though I wish everything was printed like a roadmap in front of me). but, I do know that I am blessed with so many wonderful things.
so, when I get discouraged, I really ought to remember all the teeny tiny things God blesses me with that make me happy -- running into someone that reminds you of a test that you weren't in class to hear about, sharing Dairy Queen frozen hot chocolate with a roommate, finding out I'm going to be an aunt again, playing silly childhood games, seeing random reminders of past summer adventures...
and, above all, things are going to get better, right?
3 comments:
Yes, things will get better! Remember, "mama said there'd be days like this" :) And you are a wonderful person, so there are so many wonderful things ahead!
Aw, thanks Aaron! You know, even after I wrote that post yesterday, my day just turned right around. It's great how venting/recognizing small blessings can help make the day better :)
what a great post! And a great reminder that everything will work out. I remember hearing a saying somewhere along the way "you make plans and God laughs at them". I have thought a lot about that since then, and its true. Sometimes we don't see the bigger picture...which usually ends up being the better one! :-)
okay I'm done rambling. ha I stumbled on your blog and just wanted to say hi :-)
Come on over and follow my new Color Issue blog...its all about COLOR!
xoxox,
Aarean
colorissue.blogspot.com
Post a Comment