10.18.2009

it's late.

But, I wanted to post anyway :)

I'm home this weekend...what a great one! Yesterday I rode up to Nephi with Sam, then my mom came and picked me up from there. Lizzie was planning on staying the weekend with mom, which made it even better! So, yesterday I hung out with mom and Lizzie, and enjoyed sleeping in my bed :)

Then, today....holy cow. Very fun! Remember the post about this guy? Well, we decided to hang out while we were both in town. So, we went on a fun date....that lasted 12 hours. Haha. He picked me up at noon and we went to a fabulous restaurant where I had this amazing chicken wrap in a homemade pita bread...anyway, then we went to his house for about an hour and jammed on guitars.Then we drove into K-town to see "The Proposal" in the little theater, even though it's out for real. Good movie, love Sandra Bullock and Ryan is simply gorgeous. Some awkward scenes though for sure.

After the movie, we drove back to his house. His dad has a recording studio in the basement, so he told us to record something. We had tried to find a song before the movie, but had little luck. We stopped by his aunt and uncle's house in Kaysville and while there, I started playing the piano. I decided to play "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" (great song by DeathCab for Cutie -- look it up) and it clicked...that's the song we should do. We got back to his house by 6:30, and didnt' finish up recording until 5 hours later.

BUT -- it was such a great experience :) I loved it! For some reason, singing and recording and all that...just felt right.

His dad told me too after that I could come record my songs that I've written there. That'd be so cool, so I need to get them polished up! Anyway, it was a fun date! And after 12 hours, I wasn't even sick of the kid! K, here's a pic. I happen to like it!


2 comments:

kelzone said...

um hi his eyes are beautiful, date him...

p.s. amen, the studio is almost as much fun as performing to an audience

Cheri said...

His eyes ARE gorgeous....goodness.. Well, unfortunately, dating is not just a one-sided thing. Hopefully he'll want to go on more dates too!