7.26.2009

what was going on?!

Back in tenth grade, I liked a boy named Skyler. He was a senior, and our whole friendship started because one day he gave me a ride home from school (I know, riding home with a stranger!). Luckily I knew of him, and he was friends with my friends, so it wasn't too scary or anything. He ended up taking me to prom that year, and we stayed friends after graduation. That summer (07) I went many times with him and our other friend Wally to the temple to do baptisms. They were both preparing for missions, so it was a great experience to get to go with them! Well, they left that fall, and I wrote Wally a few times, but then I lost his address. I've kept in contact with Skyler off and on though. It seems so crazy that he gets back in 3 weeks!! I can't believe it's been 2 years. It's been fun to get letters and pictures from the mission though! Anyway, today I was looking at some old pics from back then, and I thought I'd post because they're funny. So, here goes!

so this pic was taken after the school talent show. Ha, my family always joked that it looked like an engagement picture and I would get SO mad at them. But now I see why. What was going on?? haha. Embarrassing.

this picture was taken the day of prom. He asked me the day after I got back from Chile. And, it's a really funny story because my sis-in-law Jenni and sister Becky were in the car when I drove over to his house to deliver his Chilean guitar keychain. And then I went inside, and they were hiding in the backseat when his brother came and put a big poster on my car windshield....oh man. It was a very funny story. I still laugh just thinking about it!

This is the last pic with him, at his farewell party. It's kind of fun to see the changes in us both!

Oh, and here is a recent shot, well he sent this pic sometime in the last year (this pic was just taken with my Mac..i love that!).

Anyway, I thought those were some fun pictures to share this Sunday. It's crazy to think he and Wally are coming back in the next month, and about 3 more of my friends come back later this year. Then, I have 4 or 5 who will be back next fall. Two others left in May. Two more leave next week. And, I have 3 guy friends who graduated with me in May who will be leaving this fall as well (the oldies of the class). I love missionaries. I just am so excited for all of them!! What a great work.

I was going to post this in a separate entry, but I might as well combine them. Here are my two friends leaving Aug. 5...Both of their farewells were today.
Dalton is going to the Chile Santiago East mission. That made me so excited cause I've been to Santiago and so I could tell him things :) I can't wait for him to be there!
Colin will be serving in Brazil!

So, there are a bunch of pics for you today! Hope you enjoyed this post..

-cheri

No comments: