12.16.2009

worrying..

I once heard this saying, "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It passes the time away, but won't get you anywhere."

This last semester I took Geology of Southern Utah. I figured it'd be interesting while living there to know about the rocks. But, I didn't like the class. The teacher irritated me, the 1.5 hour long classes were killers compared to MWF 50-minute classes, I did bad on the tests after I felt prepared, etc. So, when it came time for the final, I was ready to take it and be done.

I was so worried about my grade in the class though! In high school I was the 4.0 student who was top-of-the-class, smart, you know? Then it seemed I got to college and couldn't understand basics of...Geology. It seemed harder to me than my AP Calculus class had been junior year (or at least that's what my test scores were telling me).

Well, I checked final grades today and somehow I got an A- in the class. The point? I worried. For nothing! I need to remember that if I do my best, it's enough. I don't have to "measure up" to anyone's expectations.

My first college semester went better than I thought! 5 A's and 3 A-'s. Yay! :)

No comments: