12.13.2009

home for the holidays

After a long week of finals, new job training, and crazy twists & turns (related to boys), I'm finally home for the holidays. I left Friday to come home, but didn't arrive until today (due to weather, staying the night at a friend's house, and unforeseen circumstances). Needless to say, I was very excited to be home. It's a great feeling not to have to worry about homework (for a little bit) and just enjoy being back.

As soon as I got home this morning, I headed off to 2 missionary farewells. Both were friends from high school, but one was a dear friend of mine. It was hard to say goodbye to him after everything we've been through together (and trust me, it's an interesting story), but I felt the Spirit so strong during his testimony, and have no doubt he will be a great missionary.

After catching up with friends from high school (mission farewells/homecomings are like reunions here), reminiscing on days gone by, getting stuck in the snow, feeling very colorful in my purple tights, and indulging in one too many treats at the typical farewell feast, I headed back home.

I love seeing the Christmas tree gleaming from where I sat on the couch, listening to The Forgotten Carols, and the smells of peppermint or cinnamon candles. I simply love this time of year. The decorations...oh, the decorations. That was something that excited me the most -- seeing all the old, and new decorations that adorn every free space in our home :) My mom does get into the Christmas spirit.

Anyway, it's good to be home. I'm going to try and enjoy every minute of it!

1 comment:

Chrisanne Serafin said...

I love your posts! You're lucky that you're home. BYU's finals don't get over till this week :P