My mission president once said, "Turn the mountains of your life into molehills and then glide over the top of them."
As a person who has a past with worrying too much, doubting myself or others, and stressing over the small stuff, I valued that precious counsel. How could I worry less? How could I have more faith? How could I build trust in my Savior? I knew if I really focused on turning the "mountains into molehills" instead of the opposite (which is my tendency), life (and my mission) would be more successful and happier.
I think this advice was given to us in a conference, sometime around six months ago, and I can say that I have learned to trust. I have learned that tests are for our benefit. I have learned that, as hard as things may seem, there is light at the end of the tunnel. And, you can learn a lot in the process. But, it takes effort to learn. I had to become teachable. I had to be humble (again, not something I was naturally prone to be).
But what did I learn through the process?
- God is real. He cares about you and me.
- Every single person has talents and abilities, even if they are different than mine.
- Sometimes the seemingly "weakest" person teaches you the most.
- You can't measure others up to the standard you have for yourself because each one of us is different. Each one of us has a different "bar" we are trying to meet.
- If you want to love someone, find ways to serve them.
- Don't give up.
I love that advice in the picture, given by our living prophet. How true it is. Tough times come. But are we going to stick it out? OR are we going to give up?
Please, please don't give up. You can keep going .I know that if we look at things with a bigger perspective, not stressing the small stuff, and not focused on ourselves and our weaknesses, that God will create a masterpiece. We are the work of His hands; He can make something so much greater of us than we could ever dream.
So, when you feel discouraged or down because of life and its situations, remember, you can turn your mountains in molehills. You can defeat them. You CAN finish.

1 comment:
Hermana peacock! Thank you so much for this post. Sometimes I need a reminder that everything will work out, so thank you for being that reminder.
Post a Comment