1.13.2014

from freezing to 60.

Hi family!

Well, it has been a crazy week ... in terms of weather. On Tuesday, it
was a chilly 7 degrees. With the wind chill, it felt like -21. So,
that was pretty cold. We were fearlessing and outside for awhile. My
ears and cheeks were burning, but for some reason, I couldn't stop
smiling! Am I weird or what? And then we had weather in the 50s at the
end of week, which practically feels like bathing suit weather
comparatively. Minus that we are missionaries and don't wear bathing
suits. But, anyway, you understand the idea.

So, what has happened this past week? We haven't been able to meet
with our investigators as we had planned, but we did continue teaching
temple prep to two members. I am getting so excited to go in February.
I can't wait to feel that peace and joy from the temple! ANd to see
these members take that step in their lives as well.

We have been on a kick this week to talk to more people and to give
out more Books of Mormon ("a BOM a day keeps satan away"). Well, we
were able to get into an apartment building on a super rainy day, so
we just started knocking doors and were able to meet Miriam. I
exclaimed, "That's my nieces name!" but we talked a bit and offered
her a Book of Mormon. She said we could come back in a few weeks, so
hopefully that will go well!

We also helped the bishop's wife with some household things the other
day. She mentioned, "I have so much oatmeal! What do I do with that
much oatmeal?" ANd of course me, being me, said, "Well, I could help
make cookies with your girls!" Hehe. It was super fun and reminded me
of all the times making cookies with Lizzie and Millie. Fun fact. The
bishop is 34. His wife is 32. They have 5 kids. Lilly is 8, Owen is 6,
Tessa is 4, Penny is 2, and Alice is a baby. Weird to realize...oh,
our bishop is younger than my brothers. :)

Another fun fact. One of the elders told me the other day, "Hey, you
could have been MY efy counselor!"

We taught Sunday School yesterday, and as I realized I was 10 years
older than the youth we were teaching, I started thinking back to my
times in Sunday school. I still remember some of the lessons. I
realized though how much potential there is in these youth -- the
lessons are different now; the teaching method has changed. But, their
future is so bright! IT is really exciting. Also weird to think I will
be almost 30 when they go on their missions.

A big highlight of the week was our sisters' conference on Wednesday.
President told us that by June, we will have around 80 sisters in our
mission (about 40 percent, and we are getting both Chinese sisters and
sign language sisters). THe conference was a great chance to be
edified and uplifted. We watched the talk "His Grace Is Sufficient" by
Brad Wilcox. Fantastic devotional. Look it up. And I realized, over
and over, how I am supposed to be here. Not only on a mission. But to
THIS SPECIFIC mission. I know I have been called here for a reason. No
doubt.

Just to wrap up, here is an excellent quote the talk:
"Jesus doesn't make UP the difference. Jesus makes ALL the difference.
Grace is not about filling gaps. It is about filling us."

I love you! Looking forward to whatever transfer calls bring this
weekend...I sense a curveball!

love you.

-sister peacock

ps. we looked at the pics of incoming missionaries for next week and
one of them is from SUU and I was in a ton of Spanish classes with
her! She is actually a visa waiter, waiting to go to Russia. But, hey,
maybe the curveball will be me training her! Ha!

PS. ANother fun idea...transform your Jenga game in to gospel
principles. Write one on each block. Great way to talk about each
principle throughout the game. Then you can talk about how they build
a strong foundation; but if they are taken out, our foundation
eventually crumbles.

Pictures: 2 of the bishop's girls (Lilly and Penny) in their German
dresses; me with Tessa making cookies; all of the sisters in the
mission at our conference.




No comments: