10.22.2013

Training: Week 5!

It's the last week of the transfer already! I am really excited about the coming transfer too -- mostly because I'm excited to experience a birthday and Thanksgiving on the mission. Also, on November 11, each missionary will be receiving a mini ipad to keep for the remainder of their mission & iphones will be coming soon. How exciting that the world of missionary work is changing to keep up with technology.I love it!

This past week, we were able to teach one of my less active friends on Skype and it was an AWESOME experience. Who knew you could feel the Spirit through Skype or Facebook chat? Well, you can! And, I've been blogging more. Interesting thing! We were on exchanges and I was in an English area. We went to one of their investigator's homes and she sees my name and says: "Oh! Sister Peacock. I read your blog yesterday...about doubt? Yeah, it was really good!" Apparently someone had suggested it to her on Facebook. I felt so great that someone had read it, even though I didn't know them!

Our investigator Isaura keeps progressing. I haven't spoken too much about her but there is definitely a light in her eyes that we notice now and she's been reading, she even defended the Book of Mormon to her friend. And she prayed to know if it was true! She had said she felt like it was, but hadn't prayed. But now she has received that confirmation. She hasn't come to church yet, but we're working with her on that! But we did see her at the laundromat today. Good timing :)

We also had a super powerful lesson with Laura -- it was THE most powerful lesson I've had yet on my mission.  It was incredible! Ah. I love being a missionary!

OH! How could I forget? Wednesday was the anniversary temple trip. I loved it! I kept wanting the session to last longer because there was such a wonderful feeling in the temple -- that feeling of peace.

We also had stake conference this weekend, and let me tell you how great the elders were. I was feeling super tired on Saturday and a little drained. WELL, the elders showed up to carpool & had bought a bag of peanut m&ms for the ride, just because I'd been talking about them earlier and how they were one of my favorite candy. It was sweet. They've become my best friends.

We did service at a family's house a few times this week who were moving and I had the best time raking leaves. It was the perfect day and service truly does make us happy! We always tell people we can help, but it's nice when they let us :)

And, finally, last night we had an incredible lesson with a less active named Amerilis. She's Spanish (I sent a pic a few weeks ago). She had talked about the Bloms and so we invited her to dinner at their house. It was the best experience seeing how happy she was to be there, even though they didn't speak the same language. They tried and we translated when it wasn't understood. But, she hopefully will talk to her boss and be able to come on Sundays. We NEED her!

This morning we went to Montauk with our district so we got up at 4 a.m. But, it was definitely fun. We had great conversation on the 2-hour drive and enjoyed the sunrise too! I'll try to send pics, but the USB isn't working today.

Ok, I love you and hope you all have a great week!

--Sister PeacockTraining: Week 5!



Temple trip and our first NY hot dog!


The m&ms from the elders :)





A sunny Sunday afternoon by the beach!

MONTAUK photos:

One of my best friends here! Elder Baker, our District Leader.

Me & Elder Waters (ambassadors at SUU! Now my zone leader

gorgeous sunrise




the whole group & a cool photo :)

Last PDAY: The elders came shopping with us at Kohls :)

Mom, this first pic is for you! :)




Second, us in the car listening to music.




Third, what a board game lover! This is at Matt's house (baptized in August)



Fourth, Pincock & Peacock. Our names get mixed up a lot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cheri, I think your mission blogging is fabulous. Really. It is spot on. Full of goodness (and the spirit). Keep the quality posts coming. I know my Facebook status was sassy yesterday, but I really appreciate your blog.