7.28.2012

Unexpected.

Life is FULL of the unexpected, right?

I could go on & on about this topic ... but I won't. For now.

But, I HAD to share some great news with my blog readers!

I am going to be an EFY counselor! As in...tomorrow. Holy cow. I went to EFY six times as a youth & always dreamt of being a counselor one day when I was old enough. Well, I applied last year but didn't get any contracts & this year I applied and was selected as an on-call counselor. I was definitely bummed that I had not been selected. Why not me?

But,  instead I worked in Cedar. I learned many valuable lessons & made friendships that I would not have had I had been working as a counselor in a different city or state. Then, Friday night, I checked my email & I had a contract for Provo. And it all worked out perfectly, as the following week I am going to North Carolina.

So, even if I only have one week, I will try to be the BEST counselor I can for that one week. I can't wait for the people I will meet, the lives that will be changed (most definitely MINE), and the lessons I will learn. Plus. EFY dances were always my favorite & I'm sure there will be some handsome male counselors ;)

But, in all seriousness...I feel so lucky, nervous, excited, anxious...and I CAN'T WAIT! 

2 comments:

Jenessa said...

I'm so excited for you Cheri!!! That is so awesome. Being a counselor at youth conferences like that really are some of the best things ever!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Katelin said...

hahah yay!! you're going to be the best counselor and I can't wait to see you around campus next week. it's going to be the best!