| Sisters' Weekend 2011: Washington, D.C. |
Sometimes, I just get this insatiable urge to travel.
See the world. Explore. You know, all those good things? Maybe it's remembering that just a year ago I was coming back from a summer of seeing NYC, Boston, Spain, and Washington, D.C. But, as I sit here in my quaint attic room, I have this desire to escape this little town for a short while.
After some exciting guests that will be visiting this next week (I'll be sure to blog about it), my summer travels (part 2) will begin. Where to?
In the next month, I will be staying with my brother, sister-in-law, & (now) 3 nieces in Spanish Fork. While that's not really an exotic location, it will be a great getaway, & it has been a tradition for...7 or 8 years now. I can't wait!
I will be home for a break in between (hello, county fair!) & then I will head out of this state and off to visit beautiful Asheville, NC to see my sister Jen, the town she loves, her remodeled bungalow ... and as if it could get any better, my sister Becky, along with my sister-in-law Ange & niece will be visiting as well (SISTERS REUNION 2012). That means in the next month, I will see every single sibling. And with us being in 4 different states, that's pretty impressive!
So, hello to more summer travels before school starts again in just over a month!
2 comments:
that feeling you get is called wanderlust. :) don't you love that it's got an actual defined word? i get it all the time. sometimes even just going a few hours away can scratch that itch, sometimes it requires more (hence our trip to turkey in 8 weeks). Can't wait to see you! we are going to have so much fun, i just know it!! xoxo.
Oh, I know that word! I actually thought about making it the title of this blog post, but decided to use it another day :) So excited to see you.
Post a Comment