After reading many news stories, tweets, and watching CNN videos about the shooting in Aurora, Colorado, I wanted to write a blog about some thoughts swirling in my mind.
One of the victims, 24-year-old Jessica Ghawi, had escaped a mall shooting in Toronto last month. She was an active Twitter user & it's surreal to see her last tweet: "Movie starting in 20 minutes!"
Another victim was celebrating his birthday & tweeted that it was going to be the "best birthday ever." It's crazy to get a look into the lives of people moments before their lives were taken.
But, life really is so fragile. And no, I can't go around just living in fear, scared that some deranged person will go crazy at any given second. It's not common to think about these things when I'm in class, or going to the grocery store, or walking down Main Street to get a snowcone.
Yet, this incident has made me thankful for the countless experiences I've had in my 21 (and a half) years — for the college degree that's almost complete, the Saturday afternoons in the pool with crazy neighbors, the summer adventures, the nights spent stargazing on the carport, and even the heartaches through the years.
Because without all those moments — big and small — what is life about?
No comments:
Post a Comment