1.03.2012

2012 goals.

[photo taken on New Year's Eve]

It's that time of year again ... time to make those resolutions & goals for the new year. I'll be honest. I don't really feel like making resolutions, so perhaps I will call them "goals" instead. Here are a few things I want to do/achieve/become in 2012:

Spiritual
      -Go to the temple once a month
      -Study the scriptures earlier in the day

Health
      -Run first half-marathon
      -Get back to that pre-Spain weight (about 5 lbs. to go)
      -Try new recipes using quinoa, brown rice, wheat flour etc.

Travel
       -Visit my sister in Asheville
       -Roadtrip (California, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc?)
       -Summer internship (D.C., Boston, Salt Lake City)

Style
      -Wear what I feel is cute, not just what is "accepted"
      -Break the rules.
      -The year for "big glasses"?

Educational
       -4.0
       -Graduate (either with BA in May or with BA+ minor in December)
       -Read the textbooks ;)
       -Read more just "for fun"


Relationships
       -Date. Often. (not that I can really control that one. Ha)
       -Write letters to friends on missions once a month.
       -Call siblings more often/video chat/etc.

Well, there are a handful..err...a couple handfuls.. of goals that I have for 2012. I think it is going to be the best year yet!

3 comments:

jen said...

i like your goal to visit me! yay! also, i think your goal to date more often should incorporate being gutsy enough to ask a guy out on a date. don't wait for him! :)

PS - slacking a little on the GPA expectation, aren't we?? ha ha.

Jenessa said...

a road trip, hmm? Well you have a place to stay in San Diego! :) haha that'd be way fun!

Unknown said...

Love this! Yes. lets go to my house. Plus, I want to run a half marathon. Do it together? WHY NOT! and temple. Hopefully we go more than once a month (: Quinoa & brown rice are my forte, and dates... hahaha I love you!