1.26.2012

what's cookin', good lookin'?

On Sunday, two of my roommates said the following statements:

"Oh! That smells so good. What are you cooking?"
"Do you cook a lot?"
"I need to cook more real meals."
"Can you teach me to crock pot?" (that was my favorite -- crock pots are the throw-it-in-and-forget-it cooking tactic! Perfect for Sunday meals)

So, here are a few yummy meals to try if you're looking for a good meal!



(can't wait to try this on Sunday)

Crockpot Chicken & steamed veggies (what I ate on Sunday):

So easy!
Ingredients:

1 packet of dry onion soup mix (Liptons)
1 can of cream of chicken soup (or two if you want it less thick)
2 chicken breasts
1/4 c. milk
salt and pepper, to taste

Throw it in and cook on low 4-6 hours (varies depending on your crock pot)

I put mine over Trader Joe's brown rice medley, but you can put on any type of rice or noodle.



spicy white chicken chili
can you guess that i really like the chicken + crock pot combo?

and, because sometimes we all crave goodies, here are some sure hits (I've made them):




these are some of the best chocolate chip cookies i've ever made ... especially left over dough the next day ;)

Ok, there are some recipes for you to try! Do you have any awesome recipes? Or a Pinterest? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

kelly anne said...

teach me how to crock pot sounds like teach me how to dougie. i think it could be a very successful rendition.

kelly anne said...

oh and good recipe : Parmesan Ranch Chicken. I'm in love. Super easy and amazing. I found it on pinterest and altered it a bit. You need one packet of ranch mix, half a stick of butter, 4 chicken breasts, 1/2 c crushed ritz crackers, and 3/4 c grated parmesan cheese.

mix ranch, crackers, and cheese in a bowl. in a separate bowl melt butter. cut chicken breasts in half, dip in butter, roll in cracker mix, place in greased pan. put remaining cracker mix on top when all the chicken is in pan. cook @ 350 until the tops are browned (i think it's about a 1/2 hr).

So amazing. It's a new fav.