1.04.2012

little reminders.

Today, I stumbled upon the ...24 or so journals that I've kept since the year 2003.

I was caught up for a few hours just poring over the pages and pages of entries through the years. Some made me roll my eyes; others brought a smile to my face. Sometimes I found myself laughing out loud at my silly school girl behavior (I guess part of me is still that way). Needless, as I was reading through one of the journals, I found this quote written in the margins:

"Faith is the ability to wait." 

I'm not sure where I heard it years ago. But, I love it. Waiting is hard. It takes courage, discipline, and dedication. But it is possible — to wait for what I really want in life and not just settle for a mediocre version of a potentially amazing something, or someone. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf once said patience is the ability not only to endure, but to endure well (don't quote me on that as the quote has obviously been paraphrased).
As I thought about that this afternoon, it is true that faith also takes work (faith without works is dead, right?). So, this year ... I'm going to be more patient. I'm going to have more faith. I'm going to work more diligently to change that faith to action.

And the results are going to be great. I can just feel it.

xoxo.

1 comment:

jen said...

i've kept about um...zero journals since 2003. unless you count blogging and all that. in which case i have most of those years covered. i love reading my journals from college though. the problems seemed so major at the time and now looking back were so insignificant. :)
good luck being patient. a friend of mine sent me a quote that she hangs on her mirror and said reminded her of me - something along the lines of "successful people always seem to be doing things that failures don't like to do. Not because they enjoy doing those things, but because they know the results are worth the effort." i thought that was a nice compliment. :)and very true. i don't like all the lunges, squats, pushups and avoiding ice cream that i do...but i like the way my body feels and looks because of it!