A few weeks ago, it snowed. Then, it was very sunny and in the mid-seventies. Now, this morning, I walked out, finally ready to embrace the warm weather again (after being a little sad at the not-so-November atmosphere) but when I walked out, guess what? It was CHILLY. And windy. Luckily, I was still dressed appropriately for the time of year it is. But, I found it interesting.
However, I wasn't talking about the weather when I sat down to write this post. I'm sitting in the Journal right now, that's right folks, the JOURNAL. The newsroom. I can count on one hand (plus one or two fingers) how many times I've been in the Journal this semester (not including weekly staff meetings). You know why? I prefer to work at home. I write my articles on my Mac, in the comfort of my own room. Listening to MY music.
But, I came in on Monday because one of my editors needed me to fix some stuff. Well, I almost died of shock walking home after. Why? Because I ENJOYED it. I liked being in the newsroom. It was the strangest thing. And so, today is the first day I've come in, willingly, to work on an article in between classes. Normally, I just head home. Crazy!
Also, my favorite editor, Madi, is leaving next semester :( She encouraged me to apply for her position (Accent Editor). Accent is the "features" section, aka the "fun stuff" (concerts, entertainment on campus, clubs, etc.). I write for the campus and city news sections as well, but I'd MUCH rather cover Accent articles. I've thought about it all week. Should I apply? I would definitely not want to be a campus or city editor. Accent is what I enjoy. It's more work. It's {slightly} more pay than what I currently get (a measly, measly amount. Seriously. A month here is less than half of what I'd get in a week at Kohls. It's less than 2 8-hour days...less than one 12-hour day. Get the picture?). So that increase would be nice. But, with a 17-credit semester, I'm not sure how wise it would be to have MORE responsibilities. Any feedback??
Well, I better decide because applications are due TOMORROW!!
{C}
2 comments:
you already know my thoughts
i think you'd be great at it. and i hope you do it because if you don't i'm afraid amanda might force me to be it... and we both know that i would NOT be good at it.
Post a Comment