In the car on the 4+ hour drive home, we got stuck in traffic. Traffic is never fun. Tensions are high, people get stressed/angry, etc...well, I decided to try and make a difference. I pulled out a piece of paper from my journal, wrote "Don't worry, be happy!" and then stuck it to the passenger window next to me. What a great feeling it was when cars would drive by, the drivers would look, and would begin smiling. I caught 3 people with very big, continuous smiles after they saw my sign. One (the driver of a Hostess truck) gave me a thumbs up and the other two just nodded and smiled for quite awhile after.
It gave me such a great feeling. And now I'm home...even better! Happy Thanksgiving Break :)
1 comment:
way to make a difference...tomorrow i am going to smile at everyone i see
Post a Comment