9.08.2009

a weekend of fun.

hello all! i'm just blogging from the lovely library here on campus. I have an hour break today before heading to my next class. I sometimes go home, but I decided to stay and work on homework/news articles/blogging :) So, anyway, here goes...

Friday I was planning on catching a ride home with some of my guy friends (brothers) that are in my ward, and they ended up inviting me to go to Park City with them for the weekend, where their family had rented a cabin. So, after much thought, I agreed to go. We went up to Park City and it was a blast!

Saturday the fun began. I went running with some folks up there and we ran 4 miles in the cold rain...but it was enjoyable. Then, we took their boat out to Jordanelle Reservoir and I had my first attempt at wakeboarding. I only made it up once (and not for very long) but it was so much fun...except for it being extremely cold that day. And overcast. Luckily I had layers. And a blanket.

Saturday night while some of the family watched the BYU v. Oklahoma game, a few of us headed into the outlet malls. I bought some awesome Adidas shoes and some running socks, which I tried out last night (they're great--so comfortable).

We played some games when we got back and had a mock cafe rio dinner...which tasted so good. Speaking of which, I haven't had lunch today and I won't be home till 5. Dang it.

Then Sunday came along. We went into town to church, which ended up being a visitors only ward (which meant Sacrament only). There were about 900 people there...the chapel, overflow, stage, and choir seats were full. It was crazy.

After church, Jason (one of the brothers) drove me down to see my family (which included my brand new niece...adorable!) and then I ended up chilling at his house for while.


{this is jason and me on sunday}

I decided that instead of going up to Park City, it'd be nice to go home for the night, and so, my mom was kind enough to drive down and pick me up. Man, it was great to eat delicious food...and to sleep in my bed...

I had a surprise visitor Sunday night- my friend Skyler dropped by and I hadn't seen him in two years. It was quite fun catching up..but after he left, I was SO sleepy. It took no time at all for me to fall asleep.

So, anyway, I came back last night, and now I'm back into the swing of college life...busy, exciting, and constantly changing. I love wondering what exciting things are in store....

thanks for visiting. keep reading.

{cheri.marie.}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That picture makes me laugh. Good times. It's too bad that you live clear down in Cedar City. That puts jamming on the back burner. one day we'll do it. It might be at the end of the semester, but it will happen.

Kiera said...

Cheri Girl! I miss you so freakin' much! You look like you are having such a blast at SUU! We need to chill sometime together and catch up!! LOVE YA! Also tell me more about these "brothers"