11.18.2008

Why I stick with Minute Maid.

Everyday I eat school lunch. And I don't mind it. My favorites? Navajo tacos, country fried steak, and those yummy "Turkey dinners" with the mashed potatoes. I don't really ever enjoy the meat in the lunches (except the navajo taco stuff) but I love the mashed taters + gravy. And the homemade bread is SO delish. I always take the two breadsticks or rolls, even when the sign says "Please take one." I'm stingy like that.

Anyway, I can count on one hand the number of times I have gotten the milk carton. Actually, I can't. I've never gotten the plain milk. I've gotten chocolate milk twice probably. I stick with the Minute Maid juices- either apple, mixed berry, or tropical.

Today, Lance opened his carton of skim milk, and began to drink it. Next time I looked at him, his face was contorted in an awful array of disgust. He proceeds to check the expiration date- Nov. 11. YIKES! My friend Justin and I then set out to examine the contents of the container. Shudder. As we began to pour it onto my tray (I was done with my food by now), we saw chunks fall out. Lance only looked worse as he kept repeating, "I drank some sips of that before realizing something wasn't right!" It was disgusting. Made almost everyone gag.

If I would have had my camera, it would've been captured. But alas, it was at home.

So, that is my theory on why minute maid is better than the ol' carton of milk. Bleh!

2 comments:

jen said...

Minute maid? You might as well just drink some sugar water. But yes, probably still better than milk with chunks. shudder.
let this be a lesson learned - check expiration dates!!

[ kamilla kaye ] said...

I dry heaved just reading that!! Nasty stuff. I never got the milk in high school either, because I swear it was contaminated.