2.08.2010

valentine's day

well, folks, it's that time of year again -- Valentine's Day. The one and only Feb. 14. This post, dear readers (all seven of you), is not going to be about the fact that I will not be getting a single Valentine, like Charlie Brown, this year (or chocolate, roses, teddy bears, or love letters for that matter); rather, this post is about what I've done to give my apartment a festive Valentine's day look. So, here goes..



- White vase, purchased for $1 at DI (my favorite store, or at least the one here...loads of great stuff!) over the weekend.
-3 red gerber daisies (my favorite flower) for $2.20 at Robert's Arts & Crafts
-Jar of yummy candy (Sweet's candy....love!). Jar from DI ($0.50).


It's not much, but it still helps, especially since the kitchen is the first thing you see when you walk into our apartment :D I also have a little stitchery that is sitting in the living room, but I didn't take a picture!

Pictured above are the many, many sugar cookies my mom and I made yesterday morning. Well, I made the dough Saturday night, then we cut out each heart (using not even a cookie cutter, but a knife!), put pink frosting on them, and red sprinklers. They were perfect for the break the fast :) And, everyone seemed to enjoy them! They were gone way too fast! :(

There's an update for your inquiring minds, who I'm sure are dying to know how I decorate! Coming up in the next few days....my exciting new purchase. Hint: It's blue, made in the 50s, and dings....? :)


4 comments:

kelly anne said...

those cookies=A-MAZ-ING. recipe please?

Natalie said...

You are quite the little home-maker! You will be the best wife and mom someday! Miss you!

MKS said...

way to keep the festiveness going! you are too cute. di is one of my favorite stores, too!!

Chrisanne Serafin said...

Cute!!! I love the flower arrangement!