2.24.2010

define.

define success.

We talked about success in one of my classes on Tuesday. So, I bring another question to you readers...

Would you really and truly rather have ONE moment of pure success? Or, sometimes fail, and sometimes achieve greatness?

....here's an analogy. Orange juice. Sometimes, "homemade" orange juice is bitter if you don't have the best oranges; however, sometimes, you'll have a masterpiece. Would you rather go through the trouble of making the orange juice, not knowing? Or would you rather just stick to the store-bought, already prepared orange juice? The one that you don't have to worry about ... you know it'll be the same, no matter the season.

Now, apply that to life. And you'll find out a lot about yourself. Let me know what you discover in the comments.
image found here.

2 comments:

Amy Whitley said...

Hmm...that is very interesting! :) I think I have to be in the right mood... Sometimes homemade orange juice sounds so good, and I get excited about it! So I take the time to make it, and I'm very pleased with myself. Othertimes I don't feel like going through the hassle of making it myself. I want it at that moment, even if I know it's not quite as good as my homemade OJ "could" be. The same goes for life. There are somethings in life that I really want. They seem wonderful, and so I take the time to make them happen! Usually it turns out had I had plan...or even better than I expected! Other times it just simply sucks...but I've always learned something from those experiences.
Then there are times when I just don't want to go through the hassle and settle for less. I know I could do better, but I'm just too lazy.
Overall I get the most satisfaction from pushing myself to make things happen. I've been making a lot of my own fresh squeezed OJ lately actually...maybe that's why my life is in a good place right now. :) I take time to do the little things that make the real difference.

jen said...

haven't you ever heard that it's the journey not the destination that is the most rewarding? i think if you do the same thing all the time it's boring and delivers the same results. but if you aim for success, try and fail, but dust yourself off and try again - at least your life isn't the boring monotony of always knowing the end result.