7.23.2009

26 days.

In 26 days, I will be living on my own....paying rent, utilities, cooking my own meals and doing my own laundry.

It might be 25 days because I'm not positive about what day I'm going down. Either way, time is short! As I think back to what I was doing 25 or 26 days ago, it seems absolutely crazy that I was going to Pineview with my lovely cousins or visiting the Oquirrh Mountain temple with my family. I feel like I barely graduated- this summer has flown by! I think it helps that I've been working nearly 30+ hours each week. What a blessing that has been!

Either way, I can't stop time. I feel ready, but unprepared at the same time. I have a few things, but so little. Here's where I need your advice- what things would you suggest I take to college (I'm living in a little apartment with five other girls)? Or what advice do you give me in general about college? I know I have some blog lurkers, and I surely appreciate your visits, but let's get some feedback! I need all the help I can get in these next few weeks as I prepare to turn a new page in life! Let me know some tips for starting college life!

{cheri}

3 comments:

Amy Whitley said...

Well, I'll give you some advice on college itself....get involved!! Go to all the activities you can, that's where you'll make so many new friends and have a blast!! College is really so fun. Of course you should make sure you get your homework done, but make sure to give yourself a break and enjoy life!!

Natalie said...

I would call the other girls your living with and find out who's bringing what as far as the big stuff goes...TV, microwave, vacum, garbage can, shower curtain (if you don't have your own private bathroom), toaster, pots and pans, ect...that way you won't end up with multiples of everything.
I agree with Amy...get involved and you'll have an awesome time! Although we'd love to see you every weekend, don't come home every weekend. Get involved in your student ward, your aparment complex, institute...and of course all of the school activities...and lots of those things happen on the weekends.
Most of all don't forget about the rest of us up here..call and let us know life is going...and I'm sure Rob will need to line up some interviews with the guys?!?
We're going to miss you :)

jen said...

The nice thing is that if you get down to school and you end up forgetting something, you're not too far away to drive home one weekend to stock up on things.
Best advice is the same as Amy & Natalie- get involved in as much stuff as you can (that shouldn't be a problem given your history for extra-curricular activities!). Don't be shy and say hello to everyone you meet!
As for what to take - make a list of what you want to take and then reduce it by 50%. I found I took WAY too much and then I carted it around for the next 4 years before finally giving it away. If there is a Wal-Mart or DI in your college town, I guarantee you won't lack for resources to buy what you need. Take some of what you have and then buy the rest when you get down there.