1.15.2013

the waiting game.

Folks -- this week has been REAL. And it's only Tuesday. Real what? I don't know. It has been ... unexpected, challenging, surprising. I've been stretched, strengthened, uplifted, sore, uncertain.

Life has been different than expected lately. As you recall, I have a mission call to the NY NY South mission. I've had my call for 6 weeks and have another 11 left to wait. It seems that life loves making me wait, and wait, and wait. For answers, for missions, for jobs, for love, for good deals, etc. I'm learning patience, right? 

Anyway, the awkward timeframe of things has been evident in many cases -- housing, job searching, & relationships, specifically. I love Cedar City & I wasn't quite ready to leave it behind when I received my call at the first of December. So, I made the decision to stay here & experience something during this fantastic waiting period.

Let me tell you. It's been 2 weeks since I've been back and boy, it hasn't been a thing like I planned. But life is what happens when you don't make plans, right? (Or at least I've seen that quote cross-stitched on burlap or written on some chalkboard-painted thrift store frame on Pinterest). So, for now, I'll find joy while playing this waiting game.

Here are a few things coming to mind:

-I have a roommate who would be a fab personal trainer. She has taken it upon herself to help me in my quest to be more fit before the mish. So, yesterday we started our training with an hour at the school track. Our routine included running laps, lunges, stairs, and dumbbell workouts. Today, I attended a class that she is starting to teach. I was already sore before the class from yesterday, and I have a feeling tomorrow will be worse.
-My best(est) friend is on a mission in Brazil. We used to talk multiple times a day, so an email a week has been a difficult transition. I was especially missing her last week. Well, being the in tune angel that she is, she asked her sister to call me. I am grateful that she was listening to promptings when I needed a little uplifting.
-Reality TV is ridiculous, but it's a fun bonding time with my roommates, and I look forward to our weekly Bachelor sessions.
-I just made darn delicious muffins & my house smells good as a result. Win win.
-People say NYC is cold. And I'm sure it is. But, judging by recent weather in Cedar City (negative 24 degrees last night), I think I'll be fine. NYC was 43 degrees, FYI.
-My ward is the best. And it's part of the reason I wanted to stay here a little longer. We went ice skating for FHE at a rink located at my bishop's house. He's pretty cool -- and my dad's first cousin.

Sorry this post is long & lacking photos. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. Here is a song you should listen to (I heard it on my Imagine Dragons Pandora station...and I love it, especially when working out - -> "My body tells me no, but I won't quit.")



xoxo,
Cheri

1 comment:

kelzone said...

hang in there, my friend. i know how hard that waiting game can be, especially for a mission. just remember, if it was true once, it's still true. and satan is working on you, you can be sure of that.