9.27.2012

She's beauty & she's grace.

We celebrated the night at Chili's with delicious oreo molten lava cake. 2010 Queen, me, and 2011 Queen ... who all lived in the same house!
Remember this post? The pageant was a blast, honestly. Whoever thought that a non-pageant girl could have so much fun doing a pageant?

Quite a few people told me after that I was the "funny" contestant, which fits perfectly with my roommate telling me last week that I am that "awkward funny" girl. I'm glad that people appreciated my wit.

I ended up being selected as the first attendant, which means I received an SUU hoodie, homecoming tshirt, roses, and peanut butter M&Ms (only my favorite).  I will also be in the homecoming parade with the queen & second attendant, sitting all fancy in a convertible. Can you believe it? And we walk on the field at halftime at Saturday's game.

I'm glad that I decided to try out, because it's been such a different & fun experience. Here are some photos of the night:

We were given a bag of items (red fabric, pipe cleaners, tulle, zip ties, and ribbon) and were told to make a "spirit costume." The theme of homecoming is "SUUper Heroes" so, naturally, we made a SUUper hero costume. Good thing I have creative friends! The best part was walking on to the stage with a black jacket on, stopping center stage, dropping the jacket, and striking the above pose before continuing on to the MC for the question portion. And when he asked how I made the costume, I simply said, "Costume? This is what I wear everyday when I save the world." 
All of the contestants before the show started. This was our outfit for the choreographed dance number. 

Pre-talent portion with roommate (and 2011 Queen) Samae. I played a funny song that I wrote called, "Pedestrian Boy." The crowd seemed to enjoy it! I wish I had recorded it.

Getting ready to go on stage for the formal wear. I was wearing 6-inch heels at this point.  
I had so many friends to support me after the pageant! 
My roommates -- the Amandas. How I love them! What great pageant coaches ;) 
So many friends were there with signs too. This, of course, was my favorite!
A shot of all the girls + MC Dallin. 
                         Moral of the story? Take those chances. Even if they seem silly.    

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl Peacock...you are absolutely amazing! I wish i could have been down in Cedar for this, but unfortunately I live too far away..:( I am proud to say that i was your friend in the making of Pedestrian Boy. :)

Aly said...

Yay! How awesome.

affectionatelytornadoaly.blogspot.com

jen said...

You're so cute. Glad you had fun with it!

Jenessa said...

That looks like a blast! I'm so glad you had a great time. :) Wish I could've been there to cheer you on too!

kelzone said...

congrats, cheri! so secret about to be revealed...i was in the jr. miss pageant in high school. i'm not really a pageant girl either, but i met one of my best friends doing it. actually, we found out later that both of us at some point wanted to quit, but we didn't cause we wanted to keep building that friendship with each other. definitely worth it to take a chance and do something new!