5.22.2012

solar eclipse & brick oven pizza

This summer has exceeded my expectations thus far. I'm having a great time meeting new people, enjoying not having the "cliques" you see during the school year, and having adventures nearly everyday.

On Sunday, there was a solar eclipse and the best place in the world to view it was practically my backyard. We drove about 15 minutes away to Kanarraville, a town that has a few more than 300 people and doesn't have a gas station. We saw quite a few cars from Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, and California. Dedication. It was a cool experience though, and one that won't happen again in my lifetime. Check out awesome pictures here.

The group of us watching the annular solar eclipse in the "sweet spot"
Then on Monday night, a few of us cooked pizzas in a friend's adobe brickoven. It was delicious. Definitely the best way to eat pizza!

My pizza getting ready to enter the brick oven.
Cooked & ready to devour. A chicken, artichoke, red onion, pepper, olive pizza? How can you not think that looks divine?
I have a summertime bucket list and I'm already crossing off items. There are adventures everywhere I look and I don't anticipate that stopping anytime soon. On Saturday I head to California for one week with one of my best friends, Rebekah. We're staying at her house, swimming in the ocean, and having a lot of fun in between :) I can't wait for this little summer vacation!

2 comments:

Jenessa said...

That pizza looks amazing! Except for the olives. :) I can't wait to join in with your adventures! Woohoooo! haha

Unknown said...

My main question for you is as follows: was it better than the Papa Murphy's chicken bacon artichoke pizza. #doubtful

Lovies.