5.04.2010

carolina skies

I've been in North Carolina for 2 days now.
Guess what? I love it! The trees, the food, the southern twang, the humidity.
So far I've:
--hung out with family
--gone shopping (found killer deals including $1.99 swimsuit)
--visited with old friends
--driven my brother's jeep wrangler around, and have fallen in love with convertible vehicles when the sun is shining
--wished to have my southern accent back, and have loved soaking in every "ya'll" and "cut the light" that I can. I also have pretended to have a southern accent when I am in stores.

To do:
--eat hush puppies, Carolina BBQ, and drink Cherry Lemon Sundrop
--visit my old neighborhood + swim in neighbor's pool
--make a trip to Charleston, SC with SIL Ange (and soak in the beach + history)
--more polaroids
--go to a shoe outlet (with $5 shoes...maybe I better avoid this ;) )
--spend more time with family + friends

Well, tomorrow starts early with a trip to davidson, where my old bestie goes to school. Then, it's back to my old stomping grounds, Gastonia. Stay tuned for pics :)

3 comments:

kelly anne said...

sooooo so jealous.

Karen said...

sounds like you are having fun...i miss the humidity myself.

Chrisanne Serafin said...

That sounds simply amazing!