...I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes. (lyrics stolen from this wonderful song.)
Yes, yes it is. Today has been a beautiful day! Not only do the blue skies make me happy, but so does my new singles' ward! I was sad to leave my Cedar ward behind...it truly was amazing. And last week, I tried going to a different ward (despite my original summer plans). Well, I knew it wasn't the one for me...and today, I had the completely opposite feeling in the place I'll find myself going each Sunday for the next few months.
Even with an extremely interesting last speaker, who was a theater major and whose "talk" sounded more like an eccentric FHE lesson/skit than what should be said in sacrament, I still am excited to be attending this ward. And I met a lot of friendly folks! :)
Plus, I now have a job for the summer. And I'm signed up for not only institute, but the institute choir! Oh boy, good times for sure coming soon.
OH, and tomorrow I'll be getting wifi at my house, which means...I can finally post those pics from North Carolina (that are on my laptop) without the hassle of saving them to this computer first! I'm thrilled. Look forward to some picture posts, people!
Well, that's all for now.
Don't forget to remember all those who fought for us + our country, and who are still doing so today. Tomorrow is Memorial Day!
OH, and I got a new blog background. So, for all those who use feeds, be sure to take a look at the exciting new "my life. my loves. my ramblings." layout.
{cp}
1 comment:
I LOVE the new layout! :) I'm glad you're in the ward now!! We have lots of fun...and I'm glad to hear that someone thought the same thing about that girl's talk. I don't mean to be rude...but not totally appropriate!
I wanted to thank you for all the nice comments you made and I've changed the song I would want a guy to sing to me. Inevitable by Anberlin. I've actually never had a guy listen to it with me just because I'm saving it for THE right guy :) And I totally agree on the "That's the Girl I've Been Telling You About" ... Garrick sang it to me so it is bitter sweet for me too.
Post a Comment