...that's the theme of my English class this semester. As part of our assignments (besides doing assignments on clay tablets, typewriters, and creating podcasts), we listen to two radio broadcasts from "This American Life" each weekend then we have seminars and discuss what we heard and our insights.
Today was our first seminar. It was quite interesting. One of the shows we listened to was about taking a long shot. But, some questions I came up with today after the seminar were:
Do you take a long shot? Or are YOU the longshot?
Success can't be defined by just one moment...or can it?
When it comes to a "long shot", is self-disappointment greatest of the fears?
If you have insight to any of these questions, post it in my comments :)
2 comments:
you rock cheri! im so glad i got to see you over Christmas! have fun at the wedding. too bad we wont be able to make it. give jake and angie our best wishes!
Hmm... those are very interesting questions. I think the only one I can really give insight on is the success one. I don't think success is defined by just one moment. I think it is a lot of little moments no one else sees that lead up to and build that great moment. Like with art. One day I hope to be able to create something that is simply breathtaking. I obviously haven't gotten there yet. But every art class, every painting (failed or fine), every little success will lead up to and prepare for that moment. :)
Post a Comment