I'm not sure if I ever said anything on my blog about this, but I auditioned for Weber Fair Idol back in July and made the first cut! Each night of the fair had themes...Wednesday was the first night. It was "broadway". I'm not a broadway singer, but I did my best with "I Can Hear the Bells" from Hairspray. I did pretty good, I felt. It was cool to have the judges critique me. They're supposed to be similar to American Idol judges (meaning we had a "Randy", a "Paula", and a mean "Simon"). I was so grateful to have many friends there supporting me! Thanks for everyone who came out :)
Thursday was "pop" night. I chose to sing "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles. I was much more comfortable with this night's choice. Once again, the judges just said to sing with more emotion, but other than that, it was good.
Friday was "our choice". I was going to sing my own song originally, but then, thinking of the judges statements the night before, decided to sing "Suds in the Bucket". I got all country'ed up, and headed off to the fairgrounds. Well, they do the cuts from the previous night before the show starts. And I got cut. Honestly, I was a little surprised, but, it was a great experience!! I still love performing and singing. :) And, I'm not going to lie, I was happy when the fair workers said, "I was surprised you got voted off. I was cheerin' for you." What a great comment! Haha. The remaining contestants all have extreme talent though, and I'm still going to go tonight because I can't wait to see how they all perform (plus tonight is country night!). And I love country!
So, without further ado, here are some pics from my time with Fair Idol..
Thursday was "pop" night. I chose to sing "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles. I was much more comfortable with this night's choice. Once again, the judges just said to sing with more emotion, but other than that, it was good.
Friday was "our choice". I was going to sing my own song originally, but then, thinking of the judges statements the night before, decided to sing "Suds in the Bucket". I got all country'ed up, and headed off to the fairgrounds. Well, they do the cuts from the previous night before the show starts. And I got cut. Honestly, I was a little surprised, but, it was a great experience!! I still love performing and singing. :) And, I'm not going to lie, I was happy when the fair workers said, "I was surprised you got voted off. I was cheerin' for you." What a great comment! Haha. The remaining contestants all have extreme talent though, and I'm still going to go tonight because I can't wait to see how they all perform (plus tonight is country night!). And I love country!
So, without further ado, here are some pics from my time with Fair Idol..
No comments:
Post a Comment