Here is a picture I'm putting in my Sterling Scholar Portfolio.
Carl is the one on the left. What I love about Carl:
-He is so funny!! He hardly makes sense, but I get some great laughs. Examples:
"Don't cry about it David. We don't want to give you a baby bottle or change your diaper."
"You can't win if you can't dance."
"Shutup grandma." (says this when he hasn't won Bingo yet and a lady does)
"Be quiet, be quiet. It's my turn. It's my turn now." (whenever he hasn't won yet)
"Be quiet, shorty." (said sometimes, in regards to David)
"Lookee here, sweetie. That's my parents. My dad died in a nursin' home and my mom, she died in a chair." (He has told me this on each visit to his room, while showing me his pictures)
"I got myself a new wallet." (he ALWAYS says this)
"Yep, I gotta go to work tomorrow, but then I'm off." (obviously doesn't have a job)
On the other side is David. They are actually roommates. David is so short! But, he knows how to play Bingo quite well. And he always encourages everyone. My favorite "David" sayings?
"Ooh, one more there! Only one more." (he will start saying this when he has three or four on a game of Blackout)
"Bingo Ray!" (he always calls the announcer Ray, even though his name isn't Ray)
I normally help Carl, so I remember a lot of what he says. Anyway, I'm so grateful that I have been able to volunteer here this year. Every time I go, my day is always changed for the better.
4 comments:
Sounds to me like Carl and David have a little gambling problem. hah hah, just kidding.
Looks like you're having fun and I'm sure they love having a cute thing like you coming to visit them.
HAHA Cheri, that's sounds so fun!! That's really cool you volunteered with them. Old folks are so dang funny! What are you Sterling Scholar for?!
Haha, yeah I get along with old people :) And kids. I guess I just have a problem with those my age!! Haha. Oh, and I'm the sterling scholar for English.
Haha, oh whatever, everyone loves you! That's cool you're in it for English. I remember Sterling Scholar scared me so badly at first, but it's so worth it!
Post a Comment