I'm not sure I "believe" in them, per se. Or maybe it's just that I've never made any that I have followed through with. This year, I have a few categories of my resolutions. The winners are:
Fitness
1) First, I'm working on my abs. Let's be honest. I used to have a pretty fit body since I ran cross country and track. Then, I had an injury this fall and I chose not to compete anymore. And since then? I sort of lost motivation to..exercise. On an occasional whim, I would go for a [painful] run, or once I pulled out my old Taebo dvd, and had to dust off the case a little. So, I came across this workout a few months ago, and saw it today on a different website. Here is the breakdown:
week 1 : 100 crunches/10 push ups
week 2 : 200 crunches/20 push ups
week 3: 300 crunches/30 push ups
week 4 : 350 crunches/35 push ups
week 5 : 400 crunches/ 40 push ups
week 6 : 450 crunches / 45 push ups
week 7 : 500 crunches /50 push ups
i figured, 100 crunches?? Easy! Well, not so easy when you haven't done them in four months! I can tell this will be a good challenge!!
2) Workout with Taebo [moves] once a week
Today, after crunches, I did a few little Taebo moves. So, I decided to do somewhere around 30 minutes including abs.
3) Go to indoor track. After my plantar fasicitis last fall, I'm a little nervous to pull out the Asics again. But, I think I will try and run a few times.
Nutrition
1) Less icecream. Tough! I eat it SO much, but I need to cut back...sigh.
2) More veggies & fruits. I love apples (I eat one a day for breakfast), but this year...more yummy salads. And fruit smoothies sans sugar. I made a delicious one today!
3) Holl and I decided to do a "no sweet " thing. Of course those never go well, but
she had an idea to not on sweets on even days (unless it's a holiday). And, that means on odd days, we can't just binge either! Also, we decided since we talked daily (literally), we could do checkups on each other. She is joining in with me on the abs workout, and we decided if we ever needed each other, we could just call. I told her she will be like my "nicorette patch" to get me off sweets.
Personal
First, if these are personal, why am I sharing them with you? Well, if I put them where a lot of people can see (ok I'm stretching it by saying "lot", but still), it's easier to follow through.
1) More meaningful journal entries. I write daily, but mostly about boys...I want to write more important stuff down as well. Last night I had a meaningful entry about my hopes and dreams- that's way more fun to read than "He flirted with me." Right?
2) Better attitude about sunday school. I feel out of place in my now-adult sunday school class that I attend. I swear everyone in there (with the exceptions of my mom, Celeste, and a few other young mothers) is going to die soon. Anyway, I am just ready to be in a singles ward, or at least in a ward where not everyone is decades older than me! I did learn some from the lesson on Sunday though, so I just need to suck it up.
3) More focused scripture study. I know that even reading "a verse a day" is important, but it shouldn't be that case everyday. Sometimes I just find it hard to stay focused when I have so much else on my mind!
4) Be a better friend; laugh more at the little things; have lots of game nights!
School (could be classified as "personal")
1) Don't get senioritis too bad, too soon. I'm already feelin' the little bugger.
2) Figure out my classes, and find JOY in them!
3) Don't like too many boys, especially best friends or boys who are already in a relationship (I'm always a sucker for these ones)!
Future
1) Decide where I want to go to college.
2 comments:
I think I can help with the sunday school thing. Go to Bro Burnetts class on gospel principles, it was a lot of fun and I really miss it, you can take over my spot and be the miss know it all of the class!!
I need you email, I don't think you still have the one I do and I want to invite you to my blog. Email me pokienose@gmail.com
hey it is good to see you are still alive. I think you made some great new years goals.
Post a Comment