12.19.2008

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas. It is a few days away, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite things about this wonderful season (and it's better than boring myself with homework on a Friday night).

I love sipping hot cocoa. There is just something so soothing about the warmth it brings to me. On chilly mornings (every morning this week), it has been magnificent to be treated with a thermos of Stephen's Mint Hot Cocoa on my way to school. With the bite of December in the air, every sip is appreciated!

Another thing I look forward to are the lights on our Christmas tree. They are beautiful. When I get married, I am going to have a tradition where the Mr. and I sleep by the Christmas tree for one night. It will be grand. We will be all cozy and warm in our fleece blankets, and it will be wonderful.

Speaking of coziness (if that is a word), what is better than bundling up in adorable winter gear? I love cute hats, warm gloves, and sassy scarves. And blankets! And coats. Wearing a coat is a definite must- one day I want one like this. And of course I wouldn't mind cozying up by the fire with a favorite boy either.

Who can forget those lovely Christmas movies? The ones that make you feel oh-so-calm-and-warm-inside about life? The movies that put a smile even on the most saddened face; the movies that make you believe in Santa Claus as you did when you were but a youngster. My favorite movies to watch at this time of year are: Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, The Santa Claus, Mr. Krueger's Christmas, Holiday Inn (I love Bing Crosby), and who can forget- It's A Wonderful Life. Of course there are many others- like Elf (which makes me happy head-to-toe), Christmas With The Kranks, or the classical A Christmas Story.

I must mention the snow- the beautiful, pure, freshly-falling snow. It's glorious. It's beautiful. I love everything about it- okay, maybe except the whole scrape-the-frost-off-the-car-when-it's-freezing factor. Besides that, it is amazing. Snowball fights, snow angels, catching snowflakes on your tongue- wonderful memories!

Also, what's better than getting together with family? I love seeing my family, playing games, and just having a good time. Laughter, food, fun, being home. It is all great. I love reading the Christmas story with my family; I look forward to writing a letter to Santa each year (no matter how silly it may be).

There are many other favorite holiday traditions, what are yours?

Now, I bet you did not plan on reading this long of post, did you? Who knew a Friday night could be so full of reminiscing?

Once again, Happy Holidays.

loves.



1 comment:

Jenni said...

Only a few more days until we get to see you guys. I'm getting pretty excited for Christmas.