It's already October! I can't believe it. These last months always seem to go by SO fast, I think. Mid-term has already come and gone in school, and luckily my grades are pretty good (three A+'s, three A's, and "AP Seminary" as my teacher calls it). Hopefully they stay that way as well, and sorry for the bragging that just occurred.
Favorite class? This is a tossup, but the verdict is.. I love my AP Government and Politics class. Then again, I have an AWESOME teacher- the same one I had for AP US History last year. Once you have him, you never want anyone else! He is seriously amazing.
Least favorite class? Hmm...another tough decision here. I don't "hate" any of my classes. But, here are the result(s)- I picked two because I am the author of this post, and I can do as I please.
-Digital Photography: GASP! "But you LOVE photography! You post pictures in nearly every post, of nothing, and everything!" And you, my proverbial blog-reader, are correct. I do have a passion for taking pictures; yet, my teacher goes so unbelievably slow that I can hardly bear it! We are slowly entering the FANTASTIC world of Photoshop. This is one of the big reasons I took the class- to learn about this photo editor program. However, I wish he moved a tad bit faster. Ah well, to each his own. Just today my teacher came over and asked, "Have you worked with Photoshop before? You must be familiar with it.." I responded, "Um, no." And, he has had me help some kids who are behind, which makes me happy that I can understand it. Currently I am enrolled in Digi Photo 2 second semester, but I am not sure if I can endure this all year long. I guess I will see.
-Second, Royal Choir. Another almost heart-attack? I too love to sing, and of course, sporadically break out in song (whether real or made-up-on-the-spot is for me to know). The reason this class fits on my "least favorite" list is that there are simply TOO many kids. I do not think it is a smart idea to put 120 hormone-enraged highschoolers in one room for an hour and a half in a school with NO a/c. May I repeat? NO a/c. It is simply too hot, too dramatic, and the attention span is about that of a preschooler who is being sat down to learn calculus. Point here- I too lose my patience as I try and sit through the entire class, while sweat beads form on my forehead, and a headache too forms as my teacher hopelessly tries to get everyone to pay attention.
Perks about my senior year (thus far):
-Singing the school song (collectively as seniors) at the end of all the assemblies in front of the rest of the students.
-Singing the National Anthem at a football game (this isn't just a senior privilege, but I had never done it before).
-Being an OFFICER! It is a lot of work, but a ton of fun.
-Realizing how close "reality" is. Sometimes this thought works in my favor, and sometimes against.
-Guitar class. I love this class. It's so fun learning new chords, new strumming patterns, and looking up songs online and being able to PLAY them. I even made up a song!
-Best friends that are also seniors. I was afraid for my senior year since my best friend was leaving for college. But, I've learned that you can have more than one "best friend".
-Sitting with the best group of friends at lunch everyday (on most occasions). This seating arrangement includes: me, Kaylee (one of my besties), Lance, Jason, Bryan, Spencer,Cameron, and on some days- Kiera. That about wraps it up for my "lunch bunch". But sometimes we sit with other people as well. This group is awesome though! :)
And lastly, what I have to look FORWARD to (this month alone!):
-Having a visit from my niece! I can't wait :)
-Leadership conference with student officers from all around the state.
-Going to the state capitol with some of my besties (and my awesome gov teacher, Van the Man) to speak with Utah Representative Rob Bishop.
-Sadies Dance (Girls Choice- still working on WHO I'm asking though. It seems like everyone I want to ask is either dating someone or has already been or is planning on getting asked.)
-The ACT. Having taken it once in April, I'm taking it ONE last time. I am hoping to improve by a point, which would make me so happy. That reminds me that I should study- especially for the math portion which stinks because I haven't had the kind of math that we are tested on since eighth grade!
-College Tours. I am planning on heading down to Southern Utah for a "senior night", but I haven't decided on what weekend I am doing so. That should be fun though!
Well, this has been an unbelievably (but hopefully not unbearably) long post! Thanks for reading, that is, if you made it all the way through.
loves.
4 comments:
You're so funny. Loved the post. Good luck on the ACTs.
even though you feel like reality is close at hand, don't worry - you still have college. and while it's harder than high school, it's hardly reality. So, don't fret my pet.
I love you Cheri! I feel for yah! Your amazing!!
Post a Comment