Okay today for Chamber Choir we went and sang at various elementaries in the area. It was so much fun! To start off, I had to leave early from first period, which is AP US. My teacher hates when students have to leave early. He said "What are you leaving for?" "We are singing at elementary schools today." Response, "They don't care! Just play a c.d. for them, and they won't even tell a difference. Back when I was in chamber choir, we sang to ourselves and LIKED it!" Haha...that probably wasn't funny to anyone...but it made me laugh. He is my favorite teacher.
Anyway first school- well let's just say we learned what to do/not do for future performances!
We visited three elementary schools before heading back for a lunch break. And I actually had math class, so I went to that. After going to Wendys during lunch, we headed to our last elementary. There was a little girl from my ward there and she kept giving me the sweetest grins. Then there is a part where we are "singing spies" and we go into the audience and sing "with" the children. These two little boys said, "Ew! Singing spies." then burst into giggles when they turned and saw me there. My friend was standing over by some other children, and I said to them,"You better listen to him. He's a good singer!" Apparently one of the boys had seen me and said, "Woah, high school girls are pretty!" Haha. And then there was a little boy that gave me the "call me" sign. Too funny.
We got back to school with about ten minutes to spare. I had seminary, which I love, so I convinced the whole carload (rather..truckload) to come with me. There were seven of us. My teacher had us come and sing for the class. It was funny though because I was an alto and there was only one soprano, which made our songs quite interesting- we had to be brave and know our part!!
Anyway, it's snowing. Beautiful snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment