This email will be a little short because my companion and I are doing
some searching for ancestors ... as in, grave hunting. She has some
buried on eastern Long Island.
--Oh, sidenote. It's turning fall here. And fall on Long Island is my
absolute favorite. The leaves are starting to change and the weather
is in the 70s. It's lovely!
But, this week was amazing! Are you tired of hearing about all the
miracles? Because they just keep coming.
We had megazone this week, which was incredible. It hit me hard when
President Calderwood talked about how precious our time is as a
set-apart representative of Jesus Christ. I felt like everything was
revelation for Shayna, our solid inv. We received so much guidance for
our next lesson with her (which I will tell you about in a minute).
But, one of my favorite things from the megazone was a quote from
SIster Calderwood:
"The greatest feeling in the world is to lay broken, spent and
exhausted on the field of victory. The second greatest feeling in the
world is to lay broken, spent and exhausted on the field of defeat."
Isn't that so true? I feel that way at night ... just so exhausted and
ready to rest my eyes. But, it's the greatest feeling too.
Just to name a few miracles:
-"S" is SO ready to be baptized. We've been fasting and praying,
especially as the quarter ends soon, that the people we are working
with will be baptized. She was thinking of getting baptized in
December (her birthday) but we knew she was DEFINITELY ready to be
baptized before then. Friday we taught her and I was studying so hard
for her that morning ... and praying about WHEN we should challenge
her. I got the strongest prompting that we should invite her for
September 21 and felt Heavenly Father's love for her and his desire
for her to be baptized. I even felt specific words as I prayed as to
what I should say. I was a little nervous going into the lesson
because I wanted to be bold and loving. But, the fear left me the
moment we started to teach. The Spirit in the lesson was SUPER strong.
Everyone was crying. :) She didn't accept the date yet, but she is
praying. She said she had prior commitments at her ministry this week
so she wouldn't be at church (First time this transfer). Then, IN she
walks right before sacrament! I was SO HAPPY! Her meetings got pushed
back so she decided to come. Fasting works!
-Second, right before church started, this man, "N", walked into the
chapel. Oh, he just decided to search it out on his own online and
find the chapel. GOLDEN? He met with missionaries 3 years ago in
London. He seems great & was already talking to all the members. We
wanted to set up an appt with him and saw him walking out of the
church with one of the members, so we started to head outside, only to
realize the member was getting him a Book of Mormon from his car. What
a great member missionary! Then when we set our appt, the member said
he would make sure he was available to come :) I LOVE PLAINVIEW.
We had a man speak in sacrament, a high councilor, who is now in his
fifties. He grew up in gangs, and told us he would carry 3-4 guns at a
time. He bore powerful testimony and said, "Without the gospel, I
don't know where I would be but it would either be dead or in jail.
But with the gospel, I know where I am and I know I have a Heavenly
Father." He testified of the powerful change in his family's life
since accepting the gospel. IT's amazing how the gospel can really
help anyone who is willing to change.
Also, we had two exchanges this week with some great sisters! On the
first exchange, I apparently woke up at 1:30 a.m. and asked this
sister, "What do you consider a success from last transfer?" She
answered, asked me the same question, and I responded. The next day, I
wondered if it had really happened. Then she told me that she had
needed that question because she had been trying to think of her
successes..the Spirit works even when we're sleeping :)
Have a great week! We're praying for a baptism!
Love you!
Sister Peacock
{ny south|forever changed}
No comments:
Post a Comment