9.08.2014

#floodtheearth

Hi!

Another week has come and gone! This past week was filled with
teaching again (HOORAH!). We had another great lesson with our new
investigator from last week, Aleyca. She is a little uncertain about
her baptism date, but feels like she WILL be baptized. And, she has
the desire. As we taught her the restoration, she asked if she could
keep the pamphlet. Then we gave her a Book of Mormon and she said, "
This is for me?? I can keep it?" SWEETHEART. She is from the Dominican
Republic too, and sometimes she has to express herself in Spanish. I
LOVE it. I can talk to her in Spanish too, which makes me super happy
:]

What else? Oh, we are meeting with a few other members and will
hopefully going to the temple with them to do baptisms at the end of
the month. They are the SWEETEST too! All of them are Spanish (2 from
the DR and 1 from Peru). It's like a little tender mercy! Also, this
girl showed up to church yesterday who I had met visiting my past comp
in Jamaica, Queens (back in December) and we remembered each other.
She sat by me in church and we just became instant friends. And she
said she would bring me & my comp pupusas and tamales next week (She
is Spanish and those are two of my favorite Spanish foods that I
haven't had in months!). Doesn't Heavenly Father love us??

Another EXCITING thing! So, we started our #FLOODTHEEARTH social media
challenge (thanks for participating!) and Sis Kapisi shared it with
LDS MIssionary on Facebook. We checked back a few days into the
challenge. They had posted it  and it had almost 800 "likes" and 200
shares, including other mission presidents. We were STOKED. We're
following an apostle and flooding the earth :) It's been really
exciting to see!

Finally, we had ZTM this week and I have since been studying
conversion. A testimony is knowing something, but conversion is being
CHANGED because of what we know. There is an excellent talk by Elder
Bednar so I will invite you all to read it ;)
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/converted-unto-the-lord?lang=eng

This was one of my favorite parts:
"A testimony is spiritual knowledge of truth obtained by the power of
the Holy Ghost. Continuing conversion is constant devotion to the
revealed truth we have received—with a heart that is willing and for
righteous reasons. Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a
testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of
conversion. We should know the gospel is true and be true to the
gospel."

Let's be CONSISTENTLY true to the gospel. I know it bless you. It has
blessed me.

Have a wonderful week! As I bore my testimony yesterday in church, I
told the branch that one of the greatest feelings of being a
missionary is responding to a prompting and having it bless someone's
life or be the answer to a prayer. We each have the power to do that,
missionary or not.

I Love you!
Sister Peacock

{ny south|forever changed}

OOPs! I forgot to mention that we volunteered for a color run this
weekend ... IT WAS A BLAST! We got to spray people with color as the
ran past. So, here are some fun photos.



No comments: