5.05.2014

Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

This week has been an incredible week. Sometimes, growth and testimony
comes slowly, over time, increasing in small and simple ways. This
week, it grew immensely and almost immediately. I feel like I am a
different person almost, with a greater resolve to do what is right,
to follow the Savior, to pray more earnestly, repent daily, and be
exactly obedient. I feel like even my desires have changed to be more
in line with Heavenly Father. It goes right with being single to the
glory of God. Is what we do in line with Him? Or is it in line with
OUR wants? Do they match?

So, what caused all of this sudden change? This week, we had
interviews with President Calderwood, along with the most powerful
Mission Leadership Council I have attended. He taught us that the
gospel of Jesus Christ is not just a one-time event. It is a real-time
event. As we repent daily, use the Atonement daily, and follow the
steps, Heavenly Father will "abundantly pardon" us. He helped us see
that although we should repent daily, we cannot be clean until baptism
or after baptism, taking the sacrament. Those two events this week
built my testimony immensely. At times, I think I had to be in THIS
mission to learn from Pres. Calderwood. His knowledge has blessed my
life!

We also had a lot of meetings this week with less active members, and
we finalized everything for Hermana Lopez's upcoming temple trip. We
were able to print her mother and her sister's names for the temple so
she will be baptized for them on Friday. I AM SO EXCITED! I have seen
so many miracles with her in the 5 months (!!) that I have been in
Little Neck.

My testimony also grew this week in the realization that Heavenly
Father does hear our prayers and prompts us according to our needs, or
the needs of others. On a challenging exchange this week, a sister was
very open with telling me that she didn't want to be on the exchange
and her goal was to "just get through it." I asked in prayer to know
where we might go the next day that would help her have a good
experience and have a better attitude. After a lesson the following
day, a family came to mind who told us we always had an open invite to
dinner if we were in the area. I'd never accepted the invite, but felt
like I should. And so, we went and ate dinner with this family. After
leaving their house, this sister told me how that was exactly what she
needed and that it had given her closure to some problems she'd been
facing. I felt so grateful. The next lesson was also another miracle
for her, and I know it all came by listening to the Spirit. It truly
tells us what to do, where to go,and what to say. In the end, she said
she was grateful for having had the exchange. My prayer was answered!

Finally, on Sunday we had a baptism in the ward of an 8-year-old boy,
and we had invited a lot of people to come. Well, most didn't. But SIs
Zohar and Manny did. When I see them, I feel this great love. I can't
even describe it. The family had asked me to sing and I had chosen
"I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" but in a semi unique arrangement. Manny
told me after that he really liked the song and had never heard it
before. I'm glad my favorite Jewish friend enjoyed the song about
Christ :) He felt the spirit!

Following the baptism, we were going to have another "book of mormon
club" but it fell through. I decided to take advantage of having them
at the church, along with a recent convert, and decided to teach a
lesson about the brother of Jared and the importance of prayer. It was
a great discussion -- and really fun :) We talked about how he had to
ask God what to do, and sometimes God answers directly (lke telling
him what to do about breathing in the barges) but other times, He asks
US what we would have Him do (when asking about light). He expects us
to use our agency and our mind to come up with solutions sometimes,
and then to go to Him for confirmation. We talked about ways to
improve our prayers (are they sincere? are they frequent? do we listen
for answers? do we talk to or WITH Heavenly Father?) and after, Manny
told me that he really enjoyed the lesson and understood it so well.
Man, I know his day will come.

I hope you all have a great week! Read the scriptures. Pray and try to
improve them. He will answer. Be forever changing :)) it will bless
you!

Love you all!
Sister Peacock

This pic is me and Sister Pieper, who is in my zone. We had an
exchange a few weeks ago. She is awesome :)

No comments: