4.28.2014

Hello again!

We had a good & busy week. We started planning the mission sisters' conference, which will be in June or July. I am so grateful to be able to work with Sister Calderwood so closely. She is an amazing example and is very smart too!

We had two exchanges this week -- on Wednesday, I went to Lynbrook, which is an area I've never been to before. It was a great exchange! Funny moment. We decided to go running that morning and left the house about 6:30. Well, after a while she says, "Um..Sister Peacock? I'm lost." So, we just keep running until we find someone who can direct us to their street. We ended up passing a member's house a little bit later, and she drove us home. We got back at 7:45. Haha. She felt so bad, but I said, "Well, at least we got a good workout in!" And we still started studies on time at 8 am! Ha. I also met some of the sisters' awesome investigators and got to know a few members there. We had a lot of fun learning from each other and to show how small the world is, one of the members who came teaching with us is my old college roommate, Heidi. She is now living in Lynbrook with her husband, who is attending medical school. It was fun and odd to see someone from home and to hear my first name again! But, it was a great experience!

On Saturday, I stayed here for the exchange and a sweet, 19-year-old sister joined me. She is a great example and has so much faith! She hasn't even been out of high school for a year yet. I can't imagine having gone on a mission at 19. I know that the Lord's timing is
different for everyone and that he needed me at THIS time in my life. But, SIster Pieper and I had so much fun together. We ended up going over to the Zohars and doing yard work with them for a little while, which she especially loved, after serving in the city and not seeing
grass for 6 months :) IT's always fun to bring people on the island who are not used to seeing houses, yards, and trees.

Sunday, we had a baptism after church for a boy the elders have been teaching. And we have two baptisms for 8-year-old boys for the next two weeks. Baptisms are so exciting! I can't wait for Lizzie's baptism. That will be such a great day! :) Sunday night, we had a Book of Mormon club meeting and we had invited Manny on Saturday. Well, he
finally came with Sister Zohar. I was so happy to see him there! I still feel like one day he WILL join the church, even if it's not while I am serving here.

We also had a powerful lesson with Liz this week. We always have strong lessons, but she doesn't apply what we are teaching. We were able to help her understand  that she has to read and pray and come to church to find the answer that it's true. She finally said the closing prayer, which was awesome, considering she has never prayed with us there! Nothin better than hearing someone pray for the first time :)

And we have a temple date for Maria (the less active) to do baptisms! We will be going on May 10. I am so excited for her! She has come so far!

Something I picked up in my studies this week -- I was reading in Mosiah about the people who were following Alma (after Abinadi's death). They had gone into hiding in a place called Mormon, which is described as a land "infested by wild beasts." Well, at the end of the chapter it says that the land of Mormon was "beautiful to the eyes of them who there came to a knowledge of their Redeemer." Wow. I realized that people here will think the same thing. Maybe that is why missionaries love their missions and think it is the BEST, no matter where it is. It is on our missions that we come to know the Savior and help others know Him as well and how BEAUTIFUL it is.

Well, thanks for all the love & support!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!

Love you!
Sister Peacock

No comments: