5.29.2014

the best of the best.

Hi everyone!

Well...this week was full of ..craziness! I don't have much time today
(we are going to a Mets game for pday) but the highlights:

--remember how I mentioned we started teaching someone LAST MONDAY? I
have never...ever met someone like her. Neither has sister Lewis. She
is the most prepared person. She is so happy and met with us three
times last week. She was able to come to church yesterday & posted on
Facebook about how she felt "so at home" there and can't wait to go
again. She talked to her boss (without us mentioning it) about
rearranging her schedule so she can come to all three hours of church.
She met with us again this morning & we invited her to be baptized on
JUNE 22. We knew she felt it but wasn't sure how she would
respond...she said "I just feel something, like chills! I feel like
June is my month. I feel really good and calm about it."
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Is this real life?!?! Answer: Yes. This is real
life. Sister Lewis and I both know that this wasn't us ... she was
totally given to us by Heavenly Father. But, I also know it was
through faith and obedience that Heavenly Father trusted us to teach
her and help her. You always hear about those stories of the "Golden
investigators" and neither one of us thought it would happen to us on
our mission, but we were okay because we'd seen so many other
miracles. But...then it did. Wow. I am so happy. Can you tell?

--anyway....second bit of news? I am getting transferred! That was a
really hard call to hear on Saturday night with all the miracles of
this week & Anesia. But I can't say I didn't feel a change coming.
Like I said...when things are going smoothly, it's time for growth and
change. So, anyway, I will no longer be a sister training leader and I
will be moving to my third area. But, I have learned so much in my
time in Little Neck. I think on the past few transfers and the change
and growth here. When I first came, it was so hard & I didn't see how
I could love it like I loved Riverhead. But, now, after being here for
6 months, I know  it was where I was supposed to be and I am so
thankful that I could serve here. I have seen so many changes &
yesterday, as we were saying goodbye and visiting people, I felt their
love. They were all so kind to us. Maria (who recently went to the
temple) said the closing prayer in Relief Society and started praying
for me specifically in my new area, and crying as she prayed. It was
touching and helped me see that I was able to make very special
connections here. I know it will be hard to adjust again but I know
that it is for a reason, as everything is. AND, the good news is
President Calderwood gave me permission to come back for Anesia's
baptism. PHEW. I am so sad to leave her, but I am happy that the new
sister taking my spot will have a wonderful investigator, waiting and
eager to learn :)

Alright, there were a lot of great moments last week like a ward
Memorial Day bbq, teaching Manny, and countless other good memories,
but those were the highlights.

I love you. Keep doing the small things. They make all the difference!

LOVE YOU!
-Sister Peacock







No comments: