3.31.2014

One year!

Hello! I have so many thoughts this week. I feel all jumbled with them
and don't know where to begin. I have been thinking a lot these past
few days about my mission experiences. It is strange that it started a
year ago this week! I feel like I have learned so much, but have so
much to learn and become.

I wanted to share some of my thoughts about what I have learned and
how I changed in the past year. I think I am becoming more patient. I
am more sure of my testimony. Even when people reject the message we
share, I still know it is true. I have a stronger testimony of the
Book of Mormon. I know it really is another testimony of Jesus Christ.
I have learned that a family raised in the gospel really is stronger
and the gospel DOES bless families. When a family is founded on the
principles of prayer, scripture study, and family home evening, it
will be stronger. It will be able to withstand the world. I have
learned a greater appreciation for my own family and the teachings I
had. I am so grateful that I was raised in this church and its
teachings. I am grateful to know that I am a child of God and that
there is a plan for each one of us.

I have learned to love the book of 3rd Nephi. I love reading about
Jesus Christ and his teachings, his miracles. I can feel his
compassion as I read his words of love and especially his desire to
bless the children, one by one. I simply love it!

It hasn't been what i expected. I thought i would be teaching and
preparing people for baptism. Instead, my missionary work has been
focused on bringing back less actives, taking them to the temple,
rejoicing when they come to church and renew their baptismal
covenants, lifting up the members and helping them be missionaries and
strengthening the other missionaries. Even though it is 100 percent
different than planned, I know it is what i am supposed to be doing
with my time right now.

I pray that this experience WILL forever change me. I was so silly
before my mission and so focused on things that just don't really
matter all that much. I'd hope I have a better idea of what is
important and spending my energy on things that matter most.

This past week, we had two exchanges. On one of them, the sister
wanted to focus on fearlessing. We hit the train station to practice
approaches. It was miracle time! She told me she usually felt awkward
starting conversations. We had talked to a few people, but none seemed
too interested. I told her that even though no one was interested, we
were still doing our part. Then, we noticed a woman standing behind us
and she was really nice, gave us her number and address, and we have a
return appointment with her tonight! We also talked to one other woman
before leaving and had a great conversation with her. She had been to
the church more than ten years ago, and lives in a different area, but
was super willing to have missionaries visit her home. I hope they
will be able to teach her. It helped me realize that God will bless us
when we do our part. Even if it seems awkward or like no one wants to
listen, we are called to preach the gospel, regardless of the result.

Well, I hope everyone has a great week. Remember that this work is
real and true! IT has been a crazy year, full of the unexpected, but I
want to give it my ALL for the six months I have left. There have been
some days this week when I have felt extremely exhausted. While that
is not a pleasant feeling, I know that it will all pay off if I give
this my all.

And I just found out my anniversary temple trip is next Wednesday!
Eeeeeeeek! So excited to go to the temple again with a great group of
missionaries :)

Everyone make sure to listen/watch conference this weekend! You have
no idea how excited I am to hear the words of the living prophet and
apostles. Ask questions. Get answers!
Love love love ya!

Sister Peacock

No comments: