Hello! I am alive! It has been a super crazy week, but here we are, staring at the second half of this transfer.
So, President Calderwood asked the Sister Training Leaders to do workshops at the zone conferences this transfer. We had three to present this past week. I am so grateful for the opportunity we had to visit the zone conferences. It helped me feel more united with the sisters in those zones and more connected. It was also a great chance for me to be spiritually boosted. I received many spiritual promptings throughout the week, and had my testimony strengthened. I am so grateful for how the spirit works! The workshops and remarks and testimony meetings ... each day I learned something new or was edified in some way.
Our workshop was on being successful as a missionary. So often, we see our success in numbers -- baptisms, temple trips, member presents, church attendance, etc. While it is great and important to have goals, we wanted to help the missionaries understand that God is really looking at the commitment of each person. To demonstrate, we had a few missionaries volunteer to play basketball. How many shots could they make in a minute? We then went back to the classroom and observed how people were watching the shots, looking at the results,but God focuses on the player and the effort. It was a super fun analogy -- interactive! And at the end of the workshop, I pulled out a plate of homemade sugar cookies that we had frosted to look like basketballs (yep, that was our pday last week :) We joked that it combined our best talents -- SIster Hales is very athletic and I love to bake for people! Win/win. It was very fun!
In addition to the conferences, we had three exchanges last week. I was with Sister Seely, Sister Baker, and Sister Lingenbrink. Amazing sisters! We did half-day exchanges with them following the conferences but still found miracles in the hours we were together. Just one story -- we were walking down the streets in Jamaica with a member and Sister Seely's nametag fell off. She picked it up and said, "i can't lose TWO nametags on this street!" I then looked down at the ground, and something caught my eye. It was upside down, but I recognized the back of a nametag. It was hers! It was missing the magnet and had been beaten down. SHe lost it about two months ago and it clearly had some wear on it (we assumed it had been trampled on under the snow for 2 months). But, what was great was how happy SHE was about it! She said it really helped her see that God wanted her to feel loved and special. He cares about the little things, even our little nametags. It was evidence to me that He answers prayers ... sometimes just in different ways and times!
This weekend was also packed! We had a fantastic day on Saturday -- visited three less actives (including a pupusa lunch! -- pupusas are from el salvador and are one of my favorite foods i've eaten on my mission) and then went to stake conference. I LOVE STAKE CONFERENCE! It was all about hastening the work :)) But, it was also so wonderful, besides being inspired and uplifted, to see everyone! I saw families from Riverhead and of course, mission friends who I love so much!
So, that was basically my week. A little crazy, but totally worth it! What miracles are ahead in week 4?
Oh, and how can I forget that I finally saw pictures of little Thomas? Congrats on the new baby! Can't wait to see more photos!
Love,
Sister Peacock
No comments:
Post a Comment