Well, transfer #7 is officially here! I'm going to be short today because, well, I'm GETTING TRANSFERRED! Yep, the day actually came for me to leave Riverhead. I've been thinking about it a lot the past week & what I would choose, if it were up to me. But, luckily, it's not up to me :) ha! Saturday night, I felt pretty anxious/nerves in my stomach until the call came. But, when they announced I was leaving, I had a wave of calmness rush over me. I attribute that to the fact that this is the Lord's work. And as soon as we got the call, I started packing. I mean, why leave it to last minute? Haha. Plus, after 8 months of being here...I had to go through my things. Hehe.
But, I have loved being here. I have loved these people...my family. It was the hardest to say goodbye to our investigators, Flor, Renata and Maria. We feel Flor is especially prepared, and are trying to commit her to a baptism before January. That's hard to leave, but I know it means there are other people prepared to hear the gospel message -- and from me.
How crazy that Christmas is in less than 3 weeks! I can't believe how fast the time has flown since August. Is that just me?
Anyway, it has been such a blessing to serve the first (almost) half of my mission here on Long Island in Riverhead. Tomorrow in transfer meeting, I will find out where I'm going and who my companion will be. I can't imagine the nerves I will feel then!
But, we're going to spend some time now with the elders so sorry this is short! It's funny how the missionaries become such great friends, but I've felt like that my whole mission, so I'm sure it will be the same in my new area.
I'm excited for new changes, for new people, probably an all Spanish branch/ward...and who knows? But, I know that I'm going there for a reason! So, I'll probably post on FB with my new companion tomorrow, but until then...
Love you!
Sister Peacock
No comments:
Post a Comment