8.26.2013

The District.

Well, this week, there wasn't anything "huge" that happened; just a lot of little miracles and again, seeing God use us as His instruments each day. But, I thought I would take some time to talk about my district, because I love it so much.

With one exception, we have been together since I arrived in April. We have been told that we are the "most unified district" in the mission, and I believe it. We love each other! And, last PDay, we were able to relax and have the best time at the senior couple's home. We played Farkle, Uno, and other games, made brownies & ice cream, and just laughed. That was the best part. Pure fun and laughing together. Plus, they got to see a little of "Crazy Sister Peacock" (Zach and Jenni, all those game nights...remember?). It is so fun to be in the company of these missionaries -- to see each other grow and learn along the journey. We had Zone Conference last week, so I'm including a few pictures from that day.

It's also funny (to me) that I'm the oldest in our district :) Elder Spencer was talking about how he graduated in 2012. I said, "Hey! Me too! From college." Hehe. They're always surprised by that. But, I've learned, that no matter the age (we range from 18-22), we learn much from each other. It's been humbling and gratifying!

What else? We are having Elizabeth's baptism on Friday, Sept. 6 because of a Branch Activity on the Saturday. So, that's really exciting! Her husband saw us running one morning and gave us a big grin and rolled down his window to talk to us. It was really exciting because he was a bit standoffish at first (he is also Muslim -- not sure if I'm mentioned that). But, he told us we were welcome anytime at his home. We're hoping her family will be at her baptism to support her!

Oh, I also want to share a link to a talk that our Relief Society President, Sister Stenquist, gave yesterday. It was actually made into a book "One Drop at a Time" but you should read/listen/watch this if nothing else! I don't know if I especially like it because Grandpa Peacock was a beekeeper (it's all about bees), but did you know that a single bee, in its lifetime, only contributes about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey? Yet, with all of their efforts together, they create something wonderful. Sometimes I am hard on myself and think of how small my contribution may be, but it adds up. I can't do it all. We can't do it alone. But when we work together (which is hard for me, at times), we do great good in the world.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/be-anxiously-engaged?lang=eng

Also, there is a scripture (James 1:27) that talks about "pure religion" and that pure religion is, in essence, service. I know that as we serve as missionaries, we will find. As we find, we will teach. And as we teach, we will bring others to Christ. We started working with a senior center (where seniors come to socialize; not a care center) a few months ago, and we have been working with them lately on family history. This last week, two people (one was a staff member) approached us about getting started on their family history! That was super exciting. Plus, I love the older people we are working with there. It's fun to talk about missions and what we do and to be able to serve them and talk with them a little each week. But, as we serve, we are able to teach.

I guess I always find something to say, even when I don't think much happened! But, enjoy the pictures and I love you all! Thanks for everything, especially the prayers :)

Sister Peacock


Our district with President and Sister Calderwood. Left to right: ZL Elder Smith, Riverhead Elders Baker and Spencer, Pres & Sis Calderwood, me, Sis Hale, DL Elder Nelson and his comp Elder Martherus, and ZL Elder Nemelka.  MOST UNIFIED! :)

Mi companera y yo. Hermana Hale!

Our cute little Zone 10

 Puts my height into perspective. Meet Chris. He's 8.

No comments: