It's late.
2 a.m.
I have 1, 001 thoughts swirling around in my mind right now. And I should go to bed. But, I have an exciting bit of news to share!
I have been called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the New York New York South mission. AND I will be speaking Spanish. I report April 3.
I feel like this is perfect for me, honestly. People would say, "You speak Spanish. I bet you'll go to South America!" but all along, I very easily saw myself going stateside, speaking Spanish. I'm so excited that I will get to use the language I've studied for years, and in New York, no less. I couldn't be happier right now.
This is my favorite photo from the night. I opened my call in Cedar City with a few friends. But, I also had 5 very important people with me via FaceTime/phone calls. It was quite exciting. I'm sure they mostly heard screaming, but I'm glad they shared that moment with me!


My best friend Rebekah got her call in November. She will be going to Russia & we will be in the MTC at the same time, even for her birthday! I'm excited to share this journey with her.
I would love to tell you more at a later time ... after some sleep. But, here is one of my favorite quotes. I heard it a few months back when I was deciding about going on a mission.
"We must put God at the forefront of everything else in our lives. When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. " -- Ezra Taft Benson
Exciting times are ahead!
Also, my mission has a blog that the mission president's wife updates each week. How perfect for a social media freak like me, right? I've already read plenty of the posts ...
new york, here i come...in a few months.





5 comments:
Congrats! Erin told me that your mission also includes Bermuda (the island). Super random. In any case, Sam did a good job holding the phone because we heard every word...even though there was definitely a LOT of screaming. :)
Good times, and you're gonna be great!
you did NOT tell me you were going on a mission...and guess what? i could be your mtc teacher...
Wooohoooo!!!!!! I am so so stinking excited for you!!!!!!! AHH! :D haha I just can't even say.
I'm so happy that I got to be one of those people on the phone with you! Wish I could have been there in real life! But I especially love the quote by President Benson....You're going to be amazing!
Post a Comment